Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kayaking Adventures


Our first skill that we have learned for our New Zealand Adventure course is kayaking. Like any water sport, Darren took to it immediately. Water is his element and he always excels at anything in the water. Kayaking was no different and after only four days of kayaking he not only looked like a natural pro but he was teaching and rescue the other students on our trip. I've posted a couple of videos of him playing in some rapids. He flips on purpose in the video to show off his eskimo roll (being able to flip his kayak by himself). I enjoyed the kayaking trip and only flipped my kayak three times on the river (the same as Darren), but I had to be flipped by someone else or wet exit because I can't hold my breath under water for long enough to practice the eskimo roll, but I want to try on our next kayaking trip.

1 comment: