Last week and this week we've had surfing class (tough life right?) Darren had served quite a bit before so he couldn't wait to get in the waves and just play all day. My one previous surfing experience wasn't too successful, but the beach we surf at here has some good learning waves so I was able to get the hang of it pretty quickly and had some good rides my first day. Sadly I never had the camera out when Darren was out in the bigger waves and he was with me whenever I was out there, but we did film a little bit on the smaller waves closer to shore. We're sad that our surfing classes are over, but we look forward to surfing back home in California or Oregon...gotta live by the coast.
Good job! You did it! Those looked like good waves to be learning on. Was it warm water? I don't think I could do it if it was cold (never in Oregon). Fun times!
ReplyDeleteThe water isn't too much warmer than Oregon, but the wetsuit keeps you warm. You should try it sometime - we could teach you and you could borrow Alan's wetsuit.
ReplyDelete